The BRC serves homeless adults year-round, providing emergency shelter, basic needs assistance, transitional housing for veterans, and an array of supportive services including job search and placement, mental health services, case management, legal assistance, substance abuse recovery, medical services, and housing search assistance.
Download the BRC Infographic to learn more about the impact of our work on chronic homelessness in Santa Clara County.
2011 Little Orchard Street
San Jose, CA 95125
Hours of Operation
The BRC is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Adult men and women who are homeless and not accompanied by minor children)
Homeless adults may obtain nightly shelter. Upon arrival, clients are provided with a bed or mat and receive basic necessities such as meals, clothes, toiletries, and showers. First-time clients are guaranteed to receive shelter services and encouraged to attend an orientation.
- Food Service: Clients who stay the night at the BRC are provided two nutritious meals. Clients that are in BRC’s programs are provided three meals a day.
- Medical Services: Through partnership with Santa Clara County Health and Hospital System, medical services are available to all BRC clients. The medical clinic is operated onsite and provides clients with a variety of services and treatments, including basic screening, primary care, dental care, immunization, referral and follow-up.
- Laundry Services: Clients may use washers and dryers to clean their clothing free of charge.
- Showers: Showers are accessible 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Toiletries are provided.
- Transportation: A 16-passenger van and a shuttle bus are dedicated to assisting clients with their transit needs. The BRC also utilizes the county’s Homeless Transit Pass Project to provide clients with monthly transit passes and bus tokens.
- Case Management: All program participants have the opportunity to receive case management services including advocacy, linkage to appropriate referrals for alternate permanent housing, budgeting, and financial management.
Please click on program names below for a full description.