The SSVF Program provides temporary financial assistance and services to help secure and maintain housing for veterans who are currently homeless or would be homeless without this assistance. The goal for veterans in the SSVF program is to remain stably housed after this assistance ends.
Supportive services available to SSVF participants include:
- Outreach services
- Case management
- Assistance obtaining VA benefits
- Assistance obtaining other public benefits
- Temporary financial assistance including:
- Rental assistance
- Utility-fee payment assistance
- Childcare and other qualifying services
- Veteran may be a single individual, or part of a family, in which he/she is the head of household
- The veteran’s discharge status must be under conditions other than dishonorable
- Very low income, making less than 50% of the area median income (AMI)
- Housing status:
- Currently residing in permanent housing and at risk of losing housing and becoming literally homeless but for SSVF assistance or
- Currently homeless, scheduled to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days pending the location of permanent housing or
- Has exited permanent housing within the previous 90 days in order to seek housing that better fits with needs.
Please call (408) 510-7522
Click here for the SSVF flyer.